Helene von Grunelius was the social centre of the movement of the young medical students and doctors around Rudolf Steiner. Through her impulses an inner connection in this group of young medical students and doctors arose. It was the intention of this young people to achieve, besides the study of the orthodox medicine, a new understanding and an inner consolidation of the topics of medicine and an inner development from a medical trainee to a doctor through the work with anthroposophy.
After the arrival of the complete application the board of direction will give a statement to it. For this purpose the candidate gets an invitation for a personal conversation. After admission the stipend is valid until the end of the study of medicine (acquisition of the license to practice medicine).
The application must contain following documents:
- Application paper: This should point out the intention and the amount of money needed for support.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Portray of the actual need
- Current photography
- Complete bank account address
- Current matriculation proof (or comparable document of studies)
3. Possibilities for support:
For grantees of the “Helene Grunelius stipend” following support can be obtained:
- Support to enable the grantee a funded full-time or accompanying study of anthroposophic medicine at one of the existing training locations.
- Support for the own study of anthroposophic medicine in a free semester, if it is e.g. not possible because of familial-social or other reasons to attend one of the existing offers for a training in anthroposophic medicine.
- Support for projects in the context of the anthroposophic study of man or of spiritual science.
- Support for transport costs
- Support for participation on scientific conferences, congresses and seminars
- Support for everything that helps to facilitate the study of anthroposophic medicine
4. Final report:
The results of the supported intentions can be published e.g. in a scientific journal or be integrated in a conference to a corresponding theme, as will be individually discussed. In any case it has to be put down in a report as such, so that it can be handed out for review to our investors.
5. Social network:
For support of the social network the initiative gives all grantees the possibility to participate in the annual conference of the medical section and the Easter-conference of the GAÄD for free.
For the whole time of the stipend the initiative will arrange personal accompany by a mentor for the grantees. This arrangement will consider likes and questions of the grantee.
7. Financial framework conditions:
Applications can be made unto an amount of 1000 Euro per year of studies (6000 Euro per grantee). This amount is just the standard rate. Applications will be proved and decided on individually. To support personal responsibility 20% of the amount granted in the stipend must be refunded after commencement of employment. There will be a contract between the association and the grantees with this very content. Modalities of the refundment will be arranged at the beginning of the commencement of employment according to the individual possibilities.